xBSD Links : (checked May 29, 2016)
General Linux Information:
BSD News & Publications:
- Caldera—Linux distribution geared towards the corporate world.
- Debian—Software in the Public Interest builds the Debian distribution.
- Mandrake—Based on RedHat's distribution, but includes KDE for a
- Linux on Power PC—Power up your Macintosh with Linux!
- Red Hat Software—Red Hat makes the leading Linux distribution.
- Slackware—The Slackware Linux Project
- S.u.S.E.—One of the newest distributions in America, . S.u.S.E.
started in Germany.
- TurboLinux—The largest Linux distribution in Japan.
- Yellow Dog Linux for Power PC—Another Great Macintosh Linux Distro!
Desktop and GUI Projects:
- Berlin Consortium—Developing the successor to X Windows.
- Linux-GGI—As they say, GGI is ``the right thing to do''.
- GNU Network Object Model Environment—(GNOME) Making Linux easier for non-geeks,
and its totally free
- GNUstep—A free implementation of OpenStep for Linux.
- Ice WM—WM that does a little bit of everything, and it's really fast.
- KDE—The K Desktop Environment is making Linux easier for non-geeks
- WindowMaker—OpenStep-ish WM for Linux.
- XFce—XFce is a lightweight desktop environment for various UNIX systems.
- X Free 86—Makers of the fastest free X Window server on the
- Xi Graphics—Makers of the fastest X Window server on the planet.
Other Linux Projects:
- Apache—The Apache HTTP Server Project
- IBM—Linux Technology Center
- Borland Kylix—Delphi for Linux!
- CUPS—The Common UNIX Printing System is a cross-platform printing solution for all
- GIMP—The GNU Image Manipulation Program.
- Harbour Project—Harbour, a free software Clipper compatible
- MySQL—Lightweight, fast and free SQL db.
- OpenSSH—A FREE version of the SSH protocol.
- PHP—An HTML-embedded scripting language
- PostgreSQL—A sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS
- Linux Router Project—Turn any old PC into a Linux-based
- Samba—Open source software suite that provides seamless file and print services to
- Linuxconf—a system-wide configuration utility and activator; may be
the Red Hat system tool in the future
- The Universal Menu System (umenu)—Implement plain text
menus usable on any Linux monitor, terminal, emulator or telnet session.
- VNC—Virtual Network Computing
- VMWare—Logically partition a single computer into multiple simultaneous operating
- Wine—Wine headquarters; Run Windows software under Linux.
- Bastille Hardening System—attempts to "harden" or
"tighten" the Linux operating system.
- CERT—Internet security expertise center operated by Carnegie Mellon
- The GNU Privacy Guard—GnuPG is a complete and free replacement for PGP.
- SANS Emergency Incident Handler—Internet Storm Center
- Linux Security Central—contains information and links to the top
security tools in the Linux world today.
- Nessus—A free, powerful, up-to-date and easy to use remote security scanner.
- OpenSSH—is a FREE version of the SSH protocol suite of network connectivity
- PGP Security—Protecting your privacy.
- Computer Forensic Analysis—Security researchers Dan Farmer
(Earthlink) and Wietse Venema (IBM).
- Security Focus—dedicated to furthering discussion on the topic of computer
- Security Space—Get free email notifications and alerts
- SmoothWall—is a secure operating system that converts a redundant PC into a
firewall and VPN gateway
- Snort—The Open Source Network Intrusion Detection System.
- SSH—Security software for demanding network security solutions.
- WhiteHats—Our goal is to empower people with the knowledge and tools
required to defend their networks.
- Xinu is not Unix—this site is all about UNIX and IP networking: security, system
administration, programming and some folklore.
- Linux FreeS/WAN—An implementation of IPSEC & IKE for Linux.
- uncompiled.com—UNIX, Linux, & *BSD security.
- HamSoft—Linux Software for the Hamradio Community
- LREE—Linux Resources for Electrical Engineers
GNU/Open Source Information:
Revised: Monday, May 30, 2016 at 00:26:38 AM (EDT)